The Legionnaires’ disease (also referred as “legionellosis”) caused by the bacterium Legionella Pneumophila, affects the respiratory system of humans (via droplets inhalation) and its clinical management is rather difficult.
Furthermore, the disease is monitored by the Hellenic Center for Disease Control & Prevention, the recording of cases is mandatory from the European Union, and there is the European Directive for the “control and prevention of Legionnaires’ disease associated with travelers” from the European Working Group for Legionella Infections (EWGLI).
GALANAKIS LABORATORIES have the necessary experience and scientific expertise for the integrated management of the problem in hotels, rooms and clinics.
The offered services include:
- Technical analysis of hydraulic and refrigeration pipe networks (engineering plans) and architectural plans
- Inspection of facilities and detection of critical control points
- Estimating the risk of developing Legionella
- Developing a prevention and response system
- Preparation of monitoring program, maintenance and sampling
- Detection and enumeration of Legionella in water and environmental samples (ISO 11731-2:2004)
- Advices on the directives of EWGLI and the Public Health Department of the Ministry of Health and Welfare (Department of Public Health, Ref No. ΔΥΓ2/70777, ΑΔΑ: Β41ΓΘ-2ΗΞ, 12-7-2012)
- Instructions for the proper chlorination, temperature of hot water and maintenance of water network